Lead carpenter position opening
Custom Home Design-build company has an immediate opening for a Lead carpenter position – Foreman. Full-time/Job based
Work area: Palo Alto, Los Altos, Cupertino, Saratoga, Palo Alto
Position Overview: The Lead Carpenter/Supervisor is a craftsman who has extensive skill and experience that is necessary to successfully manage job sites with multiple employees. This candidate must be able to represent Progress Builders high level of standards to ensure extraordinary quality of work & customer service.
Requirements: – Minimum of 8 years in residential construction- Must have reliable transportation with a clean driving record- Excellent communication skills- Remarkable customer service- Possession of basic construction tools- Responsibility-
- Supervise sub-contractors and other team members
- Maintain a safe environment and clean job site
- Adjust to changing assignments while working on different sites
- Professional interaction with management, staff, clients and owners
ACTIVITIES: the position’s activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Insure company and customer satisfaction through professional appearance, expert workmanship and polite communication.
- Attend all company/client meetings.
- Create an anticipated project schedule (critical path) in advance of project commencement, adjust schedule as needed based on production realities. Advise subcontractors of proposed schedule. Verify and confirm material lead times and purchase orders as needed to maintain efficient schedule.
- On a daily basis, inform the Manager of the progress of the project, including any customer concerns, problems, delays, etc.
- Supervise the activities of the company’s field carpenters and/or independent subcontractors, which include oral and written communication as needed.
- Be responsible for the efficient and profitable use of the company’s time, manpower and materials on each project as included in project estimate sheets.
- Responsible for tracking the progress and profitability of the projects under his or her supervision and reporting to the Production Manager.
- Insure the image of the company is supported by the appearance and activities of the installation teams and job sites.
- Maintain an operational inventory of necessary tools, safety equipment, equipment and vehicles to perform specific activities assigned by the Manager.
- Receive progress payments and final payment from the client upon completion of the project or as directed by the Manager.
Serious applicants only.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.